Written 2 and a half years ago, while I was still a student between periods of employment in corporate videogame development (to clarify: I have been unaffiliated with that scale/type of game development since late 2007), this two-page letter offers brief answers to questions sent by a middle school student to Carnegie Mellon’s department of computer science:
- What type of education is needed to become a videogame designer?
- What school or college is best suited for my career?
- What type of salary can one receive as a videogame designer?
- Are there any responsibilities or requirements for being a videogame designer?
- Is there any advice you can give me to help pursue this career?
- Could you send pamphlets or any additional information on the career of videogame designer?
- Would it be possible to interview you at your convenience?
(Originally posted as part of GameDevLessons.com Vol. 10 Sec. 1)
Learn and practice team game development with Gamkedo Club.
Membership worldwide. Professional support. Proven process.
Subscribe by e-mail to receive weekly updates with Gamkedo.Community interviews and YouTube training videos for game developers!